Translate

Tuesday 14 April 2015

Grade 3 - Lesson 1 (Q4) (Solo Singing)


Students learn to sing ”Rocky Mountain”. Memorize the lyrics for the song  and be prepared to sing the song as a solo to the class on Friday, May 8. You will be assessed on proper singing posture, diction and how well you know the words.


Task Objectives

  • Using their singing voice, students will sing correct pitches, rhythm and tempo, with expression and appropriate vocal technique.
  • Students will demonstrate an understanding of the criteria that are used to evaluate vocal performance by evaluating their own performance. 
Enduring Understandings

  • Singing a song is communicating an idea.
  • The way musicians apply technical skills affects the quality of a performance.
  • Singers can improve by listening to and evaluating their own singing and the singing of others. 
Essential Questions

  • How do I do my best singing
  • How do I demonstrate the difference between my singing voice and speaking voice? 
  • When I listen to my self sing, for what do I listen? 

                                                        Rocky Mountain





Rocky mountain, rocky mountain, rocky mountain high,
When you're on that rocky mountain, hang your head and cry.




Refrain

Do ,do, do, do, Do remember me.
Do, do, do, do, Do remember me.




Stormy ocean, stormy ocean, stormy ocean wide,
When you're on that stormy ocean, there's no place to hide.




Refrain




Sunny valley, sunny valley, sunny valley low,
When you're in that sunny valley sing it soft and low.




Refrain











1 comment: